Petal Wendy's Catches Fire - WHLT 22 Connecting the Pine Belt

Petal Wendy's Catches Fire

Posted: Updated:

PETAL --  A pair of local fast food employees received a scare this morning.

A grease fire sparked in the kitchen at Wendy's in Petal shortly after they tried to ignite a stove first thing this morning.

No customers were inside at the time, and the employees made it out safely.

When firefighters arrived, there were no flames...only smoke, authorities said. 

Crews were quickly able to control the scene with minimal smoke damage to the inside.

The restaurant is closed until further notice as inspections and clean-up operations take place.

Powered by WorldNow

5912 Hwy. 49, Ste. A
Hattiesburg, MS 39401

Telephone: 601.545.2077
Fax: 601.545.3589
Email: newsroom@whlt.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.