LIVINGSTON, La. (AP) - The case against a 33-year-old man accused of negligently hitting and killing a 6-year-old boy in 2012 while talking on a cellphone has been continued for a second time.
State District Judge Bob Morrison agreed Tuesday to continue the trial to give the defense more time to review a toxicologist's report that defense attorneys said they first received last week.
Brad Welch, of Watson, is on trial in the death of Tyler Myers, the son of Welch's neighbors, Jamie and Ericka Myers.
The Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/1fnIeuA ) Welch's trial began Jan. 17 but was continued until Tuesday to give the prosecution's toxicologist, Jimmy Barnhill, of Shreveport, time to schedule his appearance in the trial.
Morrison said no date has been set for the trial to resume.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.